ABOUT COVID-19IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Divers Alert Network (more commonly known as DAN) has released a number of safety recommendations for diving that mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
The safety of both clients and staff is AlexScuba’s top priority which is why alongside our instructor and boat crew’s usual best practice for diving we will be implementing the following steps to abide by DAN’s recommendations. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to getting back in the water with you.
- Social distance – DAN recommends minimum 3ft. On Oceano 4 we can have 4-5ft between divers depending on whether they come alone, in couples, party of 3 or more, and a distance of 5.5ft across the boat.
- DAN recommends diver’s personal belongings be contained and not touch surfaces. We are providing dry bags to store clients personal items that will be sanitised each day. Also we encourage you to pack smart and bring only what you’ll need for your day trip.
- DAN recommends having hand sanitiser on board. Oceano 4 was already fitted with one but we’ve also installed another 2 to make it more convenient to regularly sanitise hands.
- Even on a boat DAN is recommending the use of face masks because droplets can travel further due to the wind. We’re asking clients to use a bandana, buff, or face mask when on board. We will have a limited supply for clients who forget to bring their own.
- DAN is recommending that dive gear no longer be rinsed in the same water. So we will no longer rinse gear in bulk but independently with an open water source.
- We are asking divers to bring water bottles with wide openings so that we can have easy and contactless refilling. We are not refilling water bottles like crystal, aquafina, evian, etc. with small twist tops. This will also reduce the single use plastic consumption.
- We discourage people to dive if they have any signs or symptoms of a Covid, including coughing. It is important to remember that diving with a common cold can increase your risk of barotrauma.
- DAN recommends not to rinse masks in buckets of water and to refrain from using spit to defog. We will continue to have a spray defog solution on board and will rinse masks through an open water source. When not in use masks must be strapped to BCD’s.
- We will not be sharing air to lengthen dive time, only when necessary in low on air or emergency situations.
- We encourage our clients to bring their own mouthpieces, we will also have some available for purchase.
Come and experience the true spirit of diving with Alex Scuba!
Introduce a friend to AlexScuba and you will both receive 10% off your diving*
*Rental gear not included. Discount applied to the one day rate for certified divers.
DiveCoin rewards program
The DiveCoin rewards program is simple. Not only does it recognize you as a loyal customer, but it also allows you to share your passion for diving with others. This is how it works:
need A Car?
A rental car company created with or divers in mind: Reliable-Friendly-Secure.